Pre Procedure Instructions and Precautions
Thank you for choosing Shroff Eye LASIK Centre for your Laser Vision Correction. Our team will do all that is possible to make your experience a comfortable one.
- If you are a contact lens user, please ensure that you have stopped using your soft contact lenses 3-4 days , or semi-soft [rigid] contact lenses at least 3 weeks before the procedure date.
- Do refrain from wearing any form of eye make-up for a day before the procedure. If possible thoroughly clean the eyelids and lashes of remnants of eye make-up.
- Avoid wearing scented lotions, perfume, cologne, hair spray, mousse or gel on the procedure day as this affects the laser energy and the outcome.
- You may take a hair bath the day of the procedure, as washing of hair is not permitted for 48 hours post-procedure.
- Please have a light breakfast on the day of the procedure. You will need to have somebody accompany you to understand the post-procedure instructions and escort you home. You will not be able to drive home after the procedure.
- You can expect to be at the clinic for approximately 1 hour for your laser vision correction procedure.
Post Procedure Instructions and Precautions post LASIK
- It is crucial to the healing of your eyes and your visual recovery that you follow all of these instructions exactly as directed:DO NOT rub or touch your eyes and DO NOT squeeze your eyes.
- Follow the eye drop doses (we provide you the eye drops for the immediate post LASIK period) and put in your eye drops exactly as instructed. Please wash your hands prior to instilling your eye drops, preferably by someone else. Shake the eye drop bottle before use. Artificial tears may be used as often as required.
- Try to rest the whole day. For 6 to 8 hours after the procedure expect irritation, redness, tears, light sensitivity and slight swelling. For the most part of the day your vision will be hazy.
- It is important that you protect your eye for the day. In order to prevent inadvertent rubbing of the eye, be sure to wear protective eye wear we provide while sleeping or napping.
- The next morning the functional vision is usually restored. However as the healing is happening in the line of sight, there may be some days when the vision is slightly fuzzy and other days when it is very clear. This fluctuation typically lasts about 7 to 10 days.
- Wear sunglasses while outdoors for a few weeks. Should you experience severe discomfort, pain, discharge or sudden haziness of vision, call us immediately.
- Please do not try to do the following until instructed to do so by your doctor: showering, bathing, exercising, tanning, reading, computer use, driving and applying eye make-up.
- Avoid “knuckling” the eyes and swimming for a month.
Your post-procedure appointment schedule: You will be seen the next day and if in Mumbai, after one week. Visits upto three months are included in your LASIK package. If you have any questions, you are free to call the hospital and make an appointment.
Detailed written instructions, eye drops and protective eyewear required for the immediate post-procedure period will be provided by us.