Who needs LASIK 3X tra™? Is it for everyone seeking LASIK?
The combination of CXL and LASIK is indicated in all patients.
LASIK 3X tra™ is indicated in the following cases:
- Young LASIK candidates (less than 24 years of age);
- Patients with severe ocular allergies, due to the risk of heavy eye rubbing;
- Patients with completely normal corneas with no signs of keratoconus but with a family history;
- Patients with thin corneas with normal preoperative evaluation (in which risk of ectasia has been ruled out);
- Patients with Asymmetrical corneal topography or as irregular corneal astigmatism or Corneas that are steeper than normal
- High myopia; Hyperopia
- Patients who require retreatments, particularly if the thickness of the previous flap is unknown;
- Patients who experienced unexpected thick flap creation during standard LASIK; and
- Patients who experienced unexpected irregular flap creation with variable thickness along i ts surface.
It is wrongly believed by some that LASIK 3X tra™ is indicated for the treatment of keratoconus. This procedure is NOT indicated when keratoconus is detected. In such cases, cross-linking or CXL alone is the preferred.
Lasik 3X tra™ is a worthwhile addition to the armamentarium of refractive surgeries.