During or On the day of LASIK surgery FAQ’s:
- Please ensure that you have removed your soft contact lenses 3-4 days prior to or semi-soft [rigid] contact lenses at least 3 weeks prior to the procedure date.
- Do refrain from wearing any form of eye make-up for 2 days before the procedure. If possible thoroughly clean the eyelids and lashes of remnants of eye make-up.
- Avoid wearing scented lotions, perfume, cologne, hair spray, mousse or gel on the procedure day as these may adversely affect the outcome of the procedure.
- You may take a hair bath the day of the procedure, as washing of hair is not permitted for 48 hours post-procedure.
- Please have a light breakfast on the day of the procedure. You will need to have somebody accompany you to understand the post-procedure instructions and escort you home.
- You will not be able to drive home after the procedure.
- You can expect to be at the clinic for approximately 2 hours for your laser vision correction procedure.
- Payments are made by cheque / demand draft / cash / credit card. If by cheque, the cheque must be cleared before the procedure date
- If you are unable to attend your LASIK appointment, please inform the laser center at least 24 hours prior to the appointment time.
Please click on the below question view the answer