During or On the day of LASIK surgery FAQ’s:
- Please ensure that you have removed your soft contact lenses 3-4 days prior to or semi-soft [rigid] contact lenses at least 3 weeks prior to the procedure date.
- Do refrain from wearing any form of eye make-up for 2 days before the procedure. If possible thoroughly clean the eyelids and lashes of remnants of eye make-up.
- Avoid wearing scented lotions, perfume, cologne, hair spray, mousse or gel on the procedure day as these may adversely affect the outcome of the procedure.
- You may take a hair bath the day of the procedure, as washing of hair is not permitted for 48 hours post-procedure.
- Please have a light breakfast on the day of the procedure. You will need to have somebody accompany you to understand the post-procedure instructions and escort you home.
- You will not be able to drive home after the procedure.
- You can expect to be at the clinic for approximately 2 hours for your laser vision correction procedure.
- Payments are made by cheque / demand draft / cash / credit card. If by cheque, the cheque must be cleared before the procedure date
- If you are unable to attend your LASIK appointment, please inform the laser center at least 24 hours prior to the appointment time.
Please click on the below question view the answer
FAQ’s on the day of LASIK procedure
Ans. While the treatment is performed, you will be asked to look at a light under the laser. You are required to look steadily at the light throughout the operation, since this keeps the eye centred under the laser. However, if you temporarily look away or lose the ability to look at the fixation light, do not be concerned. The WaveLight Concerto 500Hz laser is equipped with a special eye tracker that tracks the eye at 500 times a second throughout the procedure.
Ans. When instruments come in and out of your vision, at times you do not see the green light we ask you to focus on. When the microkeratome is also applied for a few seconds you cannot see the focus light. ‘Black out’ sounds more like unconsciousness which it is not. In our centre the procedure is very smooth and soothing. There are no shocks or surprises. Dr Shroff is in conversation with you throughout to make you feel comfortable during the process.