BEAMS OF HOPE: Laser Eye Surgery to get rid of glasses or contact lenses
The common reasons why people undergo LASIK/ laser eye surgery include contact lens allergies and lifestyle activities that are inhibited due to glasses.
Also, with a wedding or any significant occasion coming up, comes a lot of planning. One permanent plan is to be free from their glasses or contact lenses as many families do not want their son or daughter to marry someone with glasses in the fear that this ‘weak eye sight’ will pass onto their grandchildren. Furthermore, in some parts of India there is a hefty dowry the father has to pay for his daughter if she has glasses.
The most advanced technology available today is wavefront technology or Custom LASIK, but one should understand that even though many centres offer wavefront or custom LASIK, it is not the same and results vary depending on the laser used and the skill of the surgeon.
Shroff Eye Hospital in Mumbai uses one of the most advanced lasers- The Concerto, a 500 Hz speed ‘futuristic’ laser to perform this procedure. What ‘500 Hz’ means is that the laser treats the eye with 500 laser pulses a second to make the treatment very quick (literally in seconds) and accurate as well as tracks the eye also at 500 times a second so that every laser pulse is precise. This wavefront technology is 25 times more accurate than traditional LASIK with no night vision problems.
Advantages of the Concerto Laser technology over other lasers
- Accuracy of treatment since it is the fastest laser – takes 1/5th the time that other lasers take for similar numbers hence better patient compliance
- Precision, even if your eyes move during treatment- as this laser has the Fastest Eye Tracker, which tracks your eye at 500 times a second
- No Pain
- Faster healing and visual recovery
- Saves up to 40% corneal tissue as compared to most lasers hence able to treat higher numbers much safer.
- Due to corneal savings we can treat patients which other centers cannot who otherwise on other lasers would have been left with a residual error (number)
- Concerto Laser can treat numbers up to -14.00D with far more safety as compared to other lasers
This is the only technology to offer 3 types of customized treatments based on the person’s needs, eye conditions, spectacle numbers and even age requirements to give a precise result, which no center in India offers.
The Concerto laser was also awarded a ‘Feng Shui’ certification. The Concerto combines safety, perfection, quality, and individuality to achieve excellent results and the highest vision quality.
“With this technology we can offer various treatments which are customized for the person’s needs, numbers and age to give a precise result. Earlier laser technology did not allow much room to treat high myopia or hypermetropia safely. This laser has many safety features to make laser eye surgeries safe, stable and accurate. Considering our experience of 90 years in eye care, we chose to upgrade to the 500 Hz Wavefront technology, to be able to offer the best available in lasers today to our patients in India and from 96 countries the world over, so, open your eyes to a whole new world! ” said Dr. Anand Shroff, of Shroff Eye, Mumbai.